Celebrate the power of showing up and speaking up for peace, equality, and care for our planet. When we march, we use our feet, voices, and hearts. Even the smallest among us have a voice!
When we march, we use our feet
to follow the crowd,
and to lead.
We go outside under one big sky, together.
WHEN WE MARCH explores what it feels like—from your head, to your heart, to your toes—to stand up for values that are fundamental to us all. Written by Kimberly Rae Gilbert and illustrated by Shannon Frabbiele, this children’s picture book explains why citizens—even the very youngest!—in a democracy take to the streets in peaceful protest.
4 ways to buy
- Online at the Boulder Book Store website.
- In Boulder, Colorado at Boulder Book Store (1107 Pearl St.).
- In Reno, Nevada at Sundance Books and Music (121 California Ave.)
- Directly through us; see instructions below.
(Hint: This third option is a good choice for bulk orders.)
Get a signed copy
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Include the number of books you’d like and a mailing address.
- We’ll reply with a price total ($25.00 each including tax/shipping with a volume discount for bulk orders).
- Then you pop a check in the mail or call us with a credit card number, and we send out your order.
Spread the message of democracy for all
Every purchase of WHEN WE MARCH supports the same civic values the book champions. We, the creators, pledge to invest 100% of the proceeds in efforts to promote civic participation and education. Why? Because democracy is a verb! And we’re all in this together!
Thanks to our tireless cheerleaders and generous Kickstarter backers, we have boxes of beautiful books to share. To date, we have donated 65 books to schools, libraries, and organizations that serve disadvantaged communities all over the country. Bulk donation recipients include: The Children’s Book Project, Room to Grow, and Reading to End Racism, with more to come!